Saturday 4 August 2012

Low Platelet Count


Before I was due to give birth the doctors had detected that I had a dangerously low platelet count, which meant that if they dropped any further there was a high risk that I could bleed to death. When I went into labour the nurses kept taking blood for analysis. The results were not good.
It was looking increasingly likely that I was going to have to have a caesarean. I knew the platelet level had to have risen in order to avoid a general anaesthetic. I immediately called Master Oh’s London office and he was able to treat me there and then over the phone. The treatment was so powerful that when the final results came back the platelet count had risen by 50%. I didn’t have to have a general anaesthetic and I was able to give birth fully conscious.

Fiona, London




No comments:

Post a Comment